Avian influenza (AI)
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) Guidelines for poultry facility workers who may be exposed to the avian influenza virus.
- The State Veterinarian's Office - Poultry Show and Exhibition Guidelines
- The State Veterinarian's Office update on AI 5-14-15
- State Vets office press release for backyard poulty owners on biosecurity and prevention of HPAI.
- There is no immediate public health concern, as the H5N8 virus has been found in birds in other parts of the world and has not caused any human infection to date
Vesicular Stomatitis (VS)
- The State Veterinarian's Office 11/18/15
- The State Veterinarian's Office - New VS Response Protocol for Equine Cases
Ebola (Ebola Virus Disease)
- Questions and answers about Ebola and Pets by the CDC
- more information on Ebola by the CDC
- Texas Agrlife Extension webinar on Ebola
- CVMA resources on Ebola
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Enviroment information on Ebola
Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDV)
- The State Veterinarian's Office at the Colorado Department of Agriculture has created a PEDV Swine Exhibition Risk Assessment Guide that can be used for county fairs, shows, and exhibitions to help evaluate their level of biosecurity and help event organizers to prevent disease and reduce the risk of a disease outbreak.
Any diagnosis or clinical signs suggestive of PEDV or SECD should be reported to the State Veterinarian's Office or USDA APHIS Veterinary Services.
- Read more on PEDV
Swine Health and Disease Seminar
- December 8th, 2015
- Morgan County Fairgrounds in Brush Colorado
- More info .pdf
Watch for these future Beef/Range programs
- Western Colorado Beef Syposium, December 1 ,2015, Western Slope Cattlemans Livestock Aution Barn Loma, CO , contact Jesse.Russell@colostate.edu
- Cattleman's Day Worshop, February 10, 2016, Yuma, CO contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cattleman's Day Worshop, February 11, 2016, Morgan County Fairgrounds Brush, CO contact email@example.com
- Arkansas Valley Farm/Ranch/Water Sypossium & Trade show February 11, 2016, Rocky Ford, CO contact Bruce.Fickenscher@colostate.edu
- Rangeland Pasture & Native Plants Walk Spring/Summer 2016 Pueblo, CO contact Michael Fisher firstname.lastname@example.org
- Colorado Section Society for Range Management Annual Meeting, TBD Winter 2016, Pueblo, CO, contact Josh.Saunders@co.usda.gov
- Printable full schedule.pdf