Disaster Awareness - Flooding in Colorado
- Disaster Prepardness and information on Dealing with Livestock After Disasters.
- Colorado State University Extension Flood Recovery Resources
- EDEN has information on Flooding.
- Colorado Department of Public Heatlh and Enviroment Flood Recovery page
Rabies In Colorado
- July 8, 2013 Bull Tested postive for rabies in Weld County near Berthoud
- July 6, 2013 Feline Rabies confirmed in Larimer County Kitten Larimer County News Release
- June 13, 2013 Second Rabies Positive Horse in Weld County
- Rabies Positive Horse in Weld County June 10, 2013 from the State Vets Office
- Rabies Positive Horse in NE Colorado April 18, 2013 from the State Vets Office
- March 30, 2013 a fox from the Berthoud area was confirmed positive for rabies... read more
- Larimer County rabies updates and current maps
- Equine Neurological Diagnostic Protocol from The Colorado State Veterinarian office in conjunction with the CSU Diagnostic lab
- More information on Rabies
Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDV)
- The Small and Backyard Flock resource on eXtension has information on getting started as well as poultry anatomy, behavior, biology and management. The site includes more than 250 frequently asked questions and more than 350 terms in a glossary. And it’s not just chickens. There’s information on ducks, turkeys, geese and other poultry breeds.
- Denver County Extension Poulty page has information on general health, eggs, chicks, and feeding.... learn more
Human Salmonella outbreak linked to baby poultry
- At least 37 people in Colorado have become ill this year during a nationwide outbreak of a strain of Salmonella Typhimurium linked to live baby poultry. In Colorado, cases have been reported from the following counties: Adams (3), Crowley (1), Dolores (1), Douglas (1), El Paso (9), Jefferson (4), Mesa (1), Montezuma (1), Otero (1), Park (1), Pueblo (10), Teller (1) and Weld (3). Read more at the Colorado Department of Public Health and Enviroment
- More Information on Salmonella at CDC