Avian Influenza (AI) 2016
- USDA Confirms Highly Pathogenic H7N8 Avian Influenza in a Commercial Turkey Flock in Dubois County, Indiana
- EDEN offers FAQ's on the current AI outbreak.
- More information on AI
Seneca Valley Virus - Emerging disease of pigs
- Seneca Valley Virus causes vesicular lesions in pigs and mimics foreign animal diseases such as foot-and-mouth disease (FMD), swine vesicular disease, vesicular stomatitis, and vesicular exanthema of swine. It is not listed on the Colorado Repotable Disease List but all vesicular disease are reportable.
- Read more on Seneca Vally Virus from the States Veterinary Office
Agriculture and Business Management
- New to the Full Resouces Index on the Small Farm/Specialty Crop and Livestock pages are:
- Non-Dairy Livestock Budgets for Small Acreages Excel sheet
- What Does It Cost To Own A Horse in Colorado Excel sheet
Vesicular Stomatitis (VS)
- The State Veterinarian's Office 1/26/16
- The State Veterinarian's Office - New VS Response Protocol for Equine Cases
Ebola (Ebola Virus Disease)
- Questions and answers about Ebola and Pets by the CDC
- more information on Ebola by the CDC
- Texas Agrlife Extension webinar on Ebola
- CVMA resources on Ebola
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Enviroment information on Ebola
3rd annual Beef Cattle Seminar byWeld County Extension and Weld County Livestock Association
- Saturday, February 20, 2016 in the 4-H Building, Island Grove Regional Park, Greeley, CO.
- Topics include beef cattle market outlook, Johne’s Disease, veterinary feed directives, and a beef taste panel, (see Website for final topics). Program begins at 10:00a – 3:30p (Check-in 9:00a-10:00a), a beef quality assurance training will be available at the end of the seminar. Registration is due by Wednesday, February 17, 2016.
Watch for these future Beef/Range programs
- Cattleman's Day Worshop, February 10, 2016, Yuma, CO contact email@example.com
- Cattleman's Day Worshop, February 11, 2016, Morgan County Fairgrounds Brush, CO contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arkansas Valley Farm/Ranch/Water Sypossium & Trade show February 11, 2016, Rocky Ford, CO contact Bruce.Fickenscher@colostate.edu
- Rangeland Pasture & Native Plants Walk Spring/Summer 2016 Pueblo, CO contact Michael Fisher email@example.com
- Colorado Section Society for Range Management Annual Meeting, TBD Winter 2016, Pueblo, CO, contact Josh.Saunders@co.usda.gov
- Printable full schedule.pdf